Moving abroad doesn’t mean you lose your voice. Voting from abroad is now easier than ever. Here is a quick run through of how to apply and vote in US elections while living abroad.
UOCAVA citizens: U.S. citizens who are active members of the Uniformed Services, the Merchant Marines, and the commissioned corps of the Public Health Service and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, their eligible family members, and U.S. citizens residing outside the United States.
The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) supports UOCAVA citizens and election officials by providing necessary absentee voting forms, materials and training guidance.
Voting from abroad requires several steps
- Request FPCA
- Send FPCA to local election office
- FPCA approved by local election office
- Absentee ballot sent to voter from local election office
- Voter sends completed absentee ballot to local election office
- *FWAB can be completed if the ballot is not received 30 days before the election.