Here is the timeline of my EPIK application process
- July July 2, 2015 – Degree copy notarized
- July 8, 2015 – Notarized degree copy apostille by KS Secretary of State
- January 18 – Enrolled in Online TEFL program
- January 20 – Fingerprinted at local police station
- February 1 – EPIK begins accepting applications for Fall 2016 intake
- February 2 – Photos uploaded and cropped via epassportphoto.com
- February 11- Completed Online TEFL program
- February 21 – Applied to KorVia Consulting
- February 21~ish – Sent fingerprints to Accurate Biometrics for expedited FBI CRC
- February 23 – KorVia skype interview scheduled with Jessie Kim (She is the BEST!)
- February 25th – KorVia skype interview
- February 26 – Fingerprint background check completed by FBI
- March 14th – Submitted EPIK Application to KorVia for screening
- March 17th – EPIK Application new portion added – changes made and approved by KorVia
- March 22 – CRC Apostilled by US Department of State
- April 1st – EPIK Application sent to EPIK HQ by Korvia
- April 7 – Email from EPIK inviting me for a skype interview for April 11 (April 10th where I am!). Interview scheduled earlier than expected due to “Internal Procedures”.
- April 10th – Ready for interview – testing webcam with recruiter when she tells me EPIK need to reschedule.
- April 10th – Interview rescheduled for April 14th @ 9:20Am KST (April 13th for me)
- April 13th – Interview with EPIK. Asked to revise lesson plan.
- April 18th – Passed EPIK interview
- April 19th – Submitted revised lesson plan and EPIK application to my recruiter for screening.
- April 20th – Sent documents to Korea via UPS
- April 25th – Documents arrived at KorVia office for screening.
- April 25th – Documents Forwarded to EPIK HQ same day by KorVia.
- April 25th – Mailed Tax Residency Certificate application to IRS
- April 27th – Residency Certificate application arrives at Department of the Treasury
- May 12th – Notified that my documents have passed EPIK HQ screening
- May 19th – Received Tax Residency Certifications (Form 6166)
- June 13 – EPIK announced that first batch of placements coming this week
- June 14th – EPIK stops accepting applications for Fall 2016 intake
- June 17 – Notified via KorVia of Placement with the Gwangju MOE
- July 1 – Preliminary Orientation information released by EPIK coordinator on FB page
- July 6 – NOA and Visa documents sent via DHL from KorVia
- July 7 – NOA and Visa documents arrive
- July 10 – Visa documents sent to Korean Consulate in Chicago
- July 13 – Visa documents arrive at Chicago consulate via USPS
- July 21 – Started and completed online pre-orientation
Ad astra per aspera,